Monday, February 25, 2008

Cafe Colour

So there's this little cafe down the road that we like to go to, "Couleur Cafe," and every other Thursday night they have jam sessions. It's pretty cool, so...this past Thursday some of us went to hang out.

Here's a picture of me and Natalie, my Minnesota homie :) at the Cafe.

Micheala and her cowbell!
Here's Jeremy and Rebecca jamming with some people from Dunham.

It's really cool to have a place to go and get to know different people from the community. sometimes I feel like we're in this little bubble, living in this big house altogether. Anyway, it was fun.
This week has been really cool, we had a guy, Jim visiting from Paris to speak at our school. He has this ministry in Paris for artists. We were able to have some extra time also this weekk to do creative stuff, like paint or whatever. God's been really speaking to me in regards to my art and just doing new things, and finding my inspiration from Him. Every Thursday our YWAM base has this community evening thing where people can come visit us and we share and present things. So this past Thursday, I presented some of my art and shared about my, "artistic journey." I'm not even sure what that means, but anyway...I felt that God really spoke to me through this and how He wants me to step out of the things I'm more comfortable with in terms of art. Jim was really encouraging to me in that regard. I've been feeling discouraged in general with art and what I do. But yeah, I'm excited to see what God's going to grow in me in terms of creativity and all that. :) well, that's it for now...
Love,
Abby

No comments: