Wednesday, November 14, 2007

J'ai Fini!

Hey everyone :)
Well, today was my last day at Starbucks, I'm very content about it. I really had so much fun working there. It's funny. the last time I quite Starbucks (December 2006), I had the idea that
nothing in the world could convince me to work there again. I don't believe that a career at Starbucks is my future, but I wouldn't mind working there again...and I'm very thankful that I was able to this past month.
Last night I was working and this man came in and ordered coffee --this is not unusual ;) --- we started talking with him, and it turned out he was from Quebec! I was so happy, we started speaking french together, it was so cool to hear the Quebecois accent again. So, today, he came in again and told me that he was returning to Ottawa tomorrow but he came in to see me and say good-bye. I was so blessed by this man's visit, he was so kind and gracious, and he kissed my hand before he left! hehe. God is so cool. It's just that lately I'd been feeling a little hesitant about going back to Quebec. Not that I didn't want to go, but I was nervous about the Quebecois attitude towards Americans. In my mind it's most likely a bigger deal than it really is, but I love the U.S., and I guess I've gotten very comfortable being back here. It's my home. So, now that the time for my departure is getting very close (five days away), all these little things are popping up. Anyway what I'm trying to say is that, I was blessed by this kind man coming in who is from Quebec, who was so friendly and warm and told me that I speak very good French :) and to me it felt like God used this man in way to welcome me into this adventure. Maybe that sounds odd, but I'm so blessed because God answered my anxious prayers in such a personal and cool way, saying, "Not only am I taking care of you now, but I see your heart, and don't worry, you are welcome to the place where I am calling you -Quebec." Thank you, God...You're so cool!
Anyway...that's all for now. Bye, Starbucks :)
Love, Abby

No comments: